Hilliard, OH Super Coach Rick Rick goes over the basics of eating healthy outside the home. When you’re on the go, or sitting down at a restaurant, knowing the basics can help save yourself extra unneeded “crap”.
Who doesn’t like to go out to eat? I’m going to help you avoid the pitfalls of dining out. Keep in mind, most of your meals should be planned, prepared, and actually eaten slowly to 80% full. When do you get fed up, and need to go out for social, or business reasons, this is what you need to do:
- Check out the menu online before actually going into the restaurant. Knowing what you’re going to order beforehand can help you avoid eating two dozen wings, double bacon cheeseburger, fries, or milkshakes
- Drink 16oz of water before going into the restaurant
- Be aware of portion size. Don’t be afraid to order a salad with the dressing on the side.
- Remember the magic three (see video)
- Pay the flat stomach tax (see video)
- Chew with your mouth closed. Put your fork down between bites. You’re not an animal.